Saturday, April 17, 2010

Great Big Thank You!

Yum! I'll take that package. 

Next weekend I'm planning to attend my very first Romance Writers of America's Fiction Fest in Connecticut. I'm really looking forward to meeting others who are as passionate about writing as I am. 

I've got three manuscripts ready to pitch and have a week left to polish them so they shine to impress. Its not easy to finish a book let alone feel like its ready to present to an agent or publisher. So I'd like to take a moment to say thank you to the ones who have really helped encourage my writing and who have read and re-read my manuscripts, helping me edit and find mistakes and inconsistencies that I missed. My lovely Critique Partners. Angela,Casse and Darcee. Thanks to you guys I feel more like a writer and less like a bumbling wannabe. When someone else falls in love with your characters and starts talking to you like they're real people and helping you decide their lives, maybe in a tiny way they are real. As a writer you introduce a character but the readers are the ones who actually give them life. Jane, Nick, Anne, Tom, Doug and Liz all thank you too! Now let's go sell this thing!