Saturday, April 24, 2010

Agent Requested to see more!!!!!

Okay the picture on the left isn't exactly a real book cover - yet - but I had to share the news. Today I spent a lovely day at the CTRWA Fiction Fest and somehow managed to finally get my pitch right! The agent I pitched to asked for 50-60 pages and loves the concept and story of my book Past Destinies. I hope she loves it as much as I do when she actually gets a chance to read the book.

I was such a dork at the conference. I actually had printed out synopsis & writing samples from the three books that I think could go together in a series or stand alone. As it was I still have all nine! Apparently agents and editors today prefer emailed submissions, especially when they have limited luggage space. I'm glad I brought them anyway though because at least I was prepared for anything.

I was horribly proactive, shocking even myself, when I asked the morning speaker (who happened to be an editor) if she was bored and wanted something to do. I was only half joking, but imagine my shock and pleasure when she said she'd love to look at my synopsis and she took it with her and said she'd get back to me later. I expected perhaps an email in 6 months but again surprise, she handed it too me with even some of my story edited and commented on. I guess it never hurts to ask and sometimes pays off. Thank you Sandy.

All in all I'd do it over again, allergy headache and all. It was wonderful making so many new friends and just being in a group of people who understood what it was like to have conversations with or be led around by characters in your books. Realizing I have finally found a group of people that I completely relate to and who relate to me was a wonderful thing. I suspected all along that I might be a writer but after my very first conference I know for sure that I am.